Tuesday, April 20, 2010

rural life museum

The LSU Rural Life Museum is a museun of Louisiana history. It is located on the Burden Plantation, a 40-acre agricultural research experiment station. The state has many diverse ancestries. The descendants came French, Spanish, Native Americans, Germans, Africans, Acadians, And Anglo Americans.

The museum shows the life of people back from the past. It demonstrates their way of life. They have different shows and presentations of how they lived their everyday lives. You are able to eat some of the food. You can even participate in helping the workers utilize the old machines.

The museum is essentially a collection of seven buildings that illustrates the various cultural influences of Louisiana's settlers. The Barn holds many items from prehistoric times to the 20th century. All of the buildings have something interesting to go see and are all functioning. The workers dress in old-timey clothes as well to give you a real sense of how life back then was.

The rural life museum is pretty cool. Well it was when I was ten. I remember eating corn and really good gumbo from there. I'm glad i didn't live back then. I really wouldnt want to work there either.. I'd get so bored.

Anyway I'm really excited about going tomorrow. Not for the purpose of seeing the museum. But I get to get out of school. And then we get to go eat at california pizza kitchen and i love that place. Thanks Mrs. Melancon! I love you lots.

No comments:

Post a Comment