Thursday, October 1, 2009

top five np ideasss

forgein languages
the Apple crave
Polly Pockets
bethany sports
job ideas

polly pokets:
Po-la-la-la-polly! Well, I'm sure almost everyone has heard of polly pockets before! If not, you're really missing out. As a little girl, I wasn't really into Barbies, babydolls, or even my little pony. I was a polly pocket girl! But really, where did the idea for these toys come from? And if you've heard of them before, I'm sure you're wondering who Polly is and what these toys look like.
Chris Wiggs first created Polly Pockets in 1983. The original design was something he had made for his daughter. He used a powder compact to make a small house for a tiny doll. Polly Pockets evolved from this man's simple idea into what you see today. They were tiny figurines that came in small compact compartments that opened up to reveal a miniature playset. They arrived in stores in 1989 when Bluebird Toys licensed the product. They ranged in price from $15- $200. In the early 1900's they were manufactured by Mattel, but they are no longer on the market today. You can find them in stores online.
Polly was a made up character but she wasn't lonely. In fact, she has a whole list of friends: Midge, Fifi, Lulu, Lila, Lea, Kate, Courtney, Becky, Cindy, Shani, Crissy, Rick, and Drew. Each doll is unique from the others and they all have detailed features. To makes the toy more attractive to children, bright color palettes are used. They also have different themes for each one. For example, I have a swimming pool one, a house, and a wedding chapel. They even have Disney themes for some. My personal favorites are Pocohontas, Cinderella, and Beauty and the Beast. The little dolls were made to fit into tiny holes around the toy, and they each have special levers or fold outs on them to make them more interactive.
Polly Pockets were my favorite toys when i was a little girl. Even though you can only find the original ones in online stores, there is still a version of them sold today. They are much larger and more life-like. There have even been video games of Polly Pocket. I had one for my gameboy when I was younger! While technology is great, I still love to go back and play with my original Polly Pockets, but be careful, because the peices are small and easy to lose. Trust me I've lost plenty!

No comments:

Post a Comment